The juice of celery and kiwi, taken before dinner, will bring nutrients and a sense of satiety. In this way you will avoid eating excessively and going to bed with a full stomach.
Celery has a good aroma and good taste and is a food that has a very low calories (16 calories per 100 grams), quality that makes it very suitable in diets. To get all the benefits you can eat it in different ways, taking advantage especially of its satiating function. We illustrate how.
Slimming properties of celery
Celery is easy to digest and very healthy: it is 95% made of water, thus able to hydrate as well as purify the body, eliminating toxins and water retention. Now let’s see all its benefits:
- Contains essential oils such as limonene and asparagine, from which derive its purifying and diuretic properties. These properties are mainly in the stem, then in the seeds and in smaller quantities in the leaves.
- It has a satiating effect.
- Improve kidney activity.
- Contains minerals such as potassium and sodium, in addition to vitamins B1, B2 and B6, essential for skin, hair and eyesight.
- It regulates cholesterol and improves circulation.
- Accelerates digestion and eliminates gas.
How to lose weight with celery
Celery offers the possibility to dispose of fats thanks to its diuretic, purifying and satiating functions. If you are consistent, in two weeks you could lose up to eight pounds. We explain how to do it, but always remember to follow a balanced diet to be supplemented with these celery-based preparations.
Morning: celery, pineapple and cucumber smoothie
Drink this fasting smoothie, in order to obtain the necessary vitamins and minerals until the next meal thanks to a satiating effect on the stomach. The combination of celery, pineapple and cucumber is undoubtedly a fabulous way to increase the purifying properties.
- Two or three stalks of celery
- Half a cucumber
- Two slices of pineapple
- A spoonful of oat bran
- A glass of water
- Start by washing all the vegetable ingredients well, then cut the cucumber, peeled pineapple and celery into pieces.
- Add the oat bran and stir until a homogeneous juice is obtained.
- To make it less dense you can add a glass of water and if you want you can also add a spoonful of honey.
Lunch: celery soup to lose weight
You can eat this soup that is easy to prepare three times a week. In addition to being exquisite, it is purifying, satiating and helps burn fat.
- 6 bunches of celery
- A spoonful of olive oil
- An onion
- Pepper as needed
- A teaspoon of maizena (corn flour)
- A liter of water with a granular nut
- A bay leaf
- Coriander as needed
- Start by washing and cutting the celery and onion into very small pieces.
- Put a little oil in a pot and, once hot, add the celery and onion.
- Add the stock, the bay leaf and coriander. When it is boiling add the cornmeal to make it thicken. Mix, trying not to make lumps.
- Finally, remove the bay leaf, add a pinch of pepper and blend everything until creamy. It is healthy and light and you can eat it both at lunch and at dinner.
Before dinner: celery and kiwi smoothie
It is a perfect smoothie to drink before dinner, with a satiating action that allows you not to need to eat large quantities of food during the final meal of the day. You will receive good nutrients and minerals, in addition to vitamin C and fibers, the ideal ingredients to eliminate water retention. It is also delicious!
- Two big kiwis
- Three stalks of celery
- A bunch of parsley
- Two oranges
- Squeeze the kiwi and tagliateli pezzetti.
- Chop the parsley and cut the celery into small pieces.
- Squeeze the orange juice.
- Put all the ingredients in the blender and you will get a homogeneous juice. If you need it, you can add a sweetener, such as a little honey. This smoothie has some essential nutrients to be taken about a quarter of an hour before dinner.