Both white and black grapes are excellent for health, however, depending on the benefits we want to draw or the qualities we want to enhance, we will choose one or the other.
Both white and black grapes have many virtues, but each variety will help you with a different problem. For this reason it is good to know and, if you have the opportunity to find them for sale at different times of the year, do not miss the opportunity to bring home a nice bunch, so you can benefit from it together with your family.
Benefits of black grapes
Black grapes are a delicacy often used and appreciated by ancient Greeks and Romans. Its beans are very sweet and very nutritious, as well as having many properties that we present below.
- It prevents cancer: its purple color already anticipates that this grape contains a large amount of antioxidants and free radicals, to which we must add the phenolic compounds, excellent for fighting cancer.
- It prevents cardiovascular disease: its components, such as anthocyanins, tannins and flavonoids, are ideal for taking care of our heart. Their vasodilator action prevents the accumulation of sediments in our arteries, thus preventing problems such as arteriosclerosis.
- Avoid constipation: the black grape contains very high amounts of fiber and acts as a laxative, especially if we also consume the skin and seeds.
- It takes care of our stomach: if you want to improve digestion, drink the juice, commonly known as “must”.
- Avoid infections: black grapes have strong anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties, as well as being excellent for cleaning up our blood and our organs.
- It produces folic acid: nutritionists advise pregnant women to consume black grapes in the first months of pregnancy, as it favors cell division and the proper gestation of our children in the first weeks.
However, it is important to note that due to its high sugar content, this type of grape is not suitable for people with diabetes.
Benefits of white grapes
The best thing about this white grape variety is that we can find it throughout the year. If you find it for sale at a good price, try to buy it regularly, always if possible. Here are his properties.
- Poor fat: white grapes have less sugar than black grapes, are rich in carbohydrates and have a slightly more acidic taste.
- Without cholesterol or sodium: it is perfect for the proper functioning of our kidneys, liver and intestines; has a high amount of potassium and is indicated in many types of diets.
- Rich in minerals: it has particularly high contents of iron and potassium, and thanks to these it helps the reconstruction of many tissues of our organism, improving the functioning of the heart and stimulating at the same time the production of red blood cells that help to circulate oxygen in the body.
- It prevents colon cancer, prostate cancer and Alzheimer’s: all these benefits are due to resveratrol and catechins, powerful antioxidants for our body that, according to many studies, bring great benefits and have the ability to prevent these diseases.
- It takes care of our bones: thanks to vitamins K and B1, the white grape allows us to keep our bones in perfect health for longer.
How much grapes do you need to eat to get some benefits?
The ideal is to eat grapes every day. Choose the one that gives you the most benefits, the black one or the white one, or the variety that you find on sale more easily. It is a good rule to eat one bunch a day or, failing that, take a glass of freshly made juice, to be drunk after the main meal of the day.
Remember that eating your skin and seeds will also be an excellent remedy for constipation, but you can avoid them when you prefer to prepare a juice. In the long run there will be positive repercussions on your general health, as there are many studies that demonstrate the incredible benefits of both white and black grapes for health.